Hello Friends Wellcome To Our Website MEPCOBillOnlineCheck.Com.Pk. In This Article, We Will Share the Latest Information About MEPCO Meter Disconnection Policy. The Multan Electric Power Company (MEPCO) is a government-owned electricity distribution company in Pakistan. The company’s Disconnection and Reconnection Policy outlines the circumstances under which a consumer’s electricity meter may be disconnected.
Reasons for Meter Disconnection:
The MEPCO may disconnect a consumer’s meter for a number of reasons, including:
- Non-payment of bills: If a consumer fails to pay their electricity bills on time, their meter may be disconnected. The MEPCO will usually give the consumer a grace period of 15 days to pay the outstanding balance before disconnecting the meter.
- Unauthorized use of electricity: If a consumer is caught using electricity for unauthorized purposes, such as bypassing their meter, their meter may be disconnected. The MEPCO may also impose a fine on the consumer.
- Overloading: If a consumer exceeds the maximum load that has been sanctioned for their premises, their meter may be disconnected. The MEPCO will usually give the consumer a grace period to reduce their load before disconnecting the meter.
- Damage to meter: If a consumer’s meter is damaged, the MEPCO may disconnect the meter until the damage is repaired.
Procedure for Meter Disconnection:
If the MEPCO decides to disconnect a consumer’s meter, they will first send a written notice to the consumer. The notice will explain the reasons for the disconnection and give the consumer a deadline to pay the outstanding balance or take other corrective action. If the consumer does not take action by the deadline, the MEPCO will disconnect the meter.
Reconnection of Meter?
If a consumer’s meter has been disconnected, they can request that it be reconnected. The consumer will need to pay the outstanding balance and any applicable fees. The MEPCO will usually reconnect the meter within 24 hours of receiving the request.
Fees for Meter Disconnection and Reconnection?
The MEPCO charges a fee for meter disconnection and reconnection. The fees vary depending on the reason for the disconnection. For example, the fee for non-payment of bills is higher than the fee for overloading.
How to Avoid Meter Disconnection?
There are a number of things that consumers can do to avoid having their meter disconnected. These include:
- Paying their bills on time: The MEPCO will usually give consumers a grace period of 15 days to pay their bills before disconnecting their meter.
- Using electricity for authorized purposes: Consumers should only use electricity for purposes that have been authorized by the MEPCO.
- Not overloading their premises: Consumers should not exceed the maximum load that has been sanctioned for their premises.
- Keeping their meters in good condition: Consumers should take care to keep their meters in good condition. If a meter is damaged, the MEPCO may disconnect it until the damage is repaired.
How do I cancel my Wapda connection?
To cancel your Wapda connection, you can follow these steps:
- Submit an application for the removal of the Wapda connection. The application can be submitted online or in person at the Wapda office. The application should include the following information:
- Name of the applicant
- Account number
- Address of the premises
- Reason for cancellation
- Pay the disconnection fee. The disconnection fee is payable at the time of cancellation. The fee varies depending on the reason for cancellation. For example, the fee for non-payment of bills is higher than the fee for moving to new premises.
- Receive a confirmation letter. Once the disconnection fee has been paid, you will receive a confirmation letter from Wapda. The letter will confirm that your connection has been canceled and that you are no longer liable for any outstanding bills.
Here are the steps on how to submit an online application for the removal of the Wapda connection:
- Go to the Wapda website.
- Click on the “Online Services” tab.
- Click on the “Removal of Connection” link.
- Enter your account number and password.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
You will then be able to fill out the application form and submit it online.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when canceling your Wapda connection:
- You will need to provide a valid reason for cancellation.
- You will need to pay the disconnection fee.
- You will need to receive a confirmation letter from Wapda.
- Your connection will be canceled within 15 days of receiving the confirmation letter.
The MEPCO Meter Disconnection Policy is designed to ensure that consumers pay their bills on time and use electricity for authorized purposes. The policy also helps to protect MEPCO’s assets and ensure the reliability of the electricity supply.